What are we going to do with the money we raised?
You may have read in the media that hipages.com.au has just received $6 million in funding from blue chip investors. (If you missed it you can check out the Financial Review article here.)
The question I get asked the most about this topic is, “what are we going to do with all this money?” So I thought you might be curious too.
Firstly, we’re going to invest in our team. We already have a strong team of 90 people in the company. (You can see our team here.)
- We have a team of people who work on the website continuously improving the directory and the qet quotes experience.
- We have a team of people who work with the job posters, helping to find quality tradies to complete jobs.
- We have a complaints team who handle any issues throughout the get quotes process.
- We have a team of people who support the tradies in our network.
- We also have a market place quality team who constantly verify licenses, ABNs and monitor the feedback we receive on our tradies. Cowboy Tradies don’t last very long on our site.
Our plan going forward is two fold:
- Grow the technology team so we can make the process even easier to connect with recommended tradies.
- Create more brand awareness about our service to the 8.3 million homes in Australia. But we recognise this has to happen one home at a time and focus on giving every user great service.
If you have any feedback at all about the site, we appreciate it all. It is exactly what we need right now to improve our service.
And of course, if you love the service, please tell your friends.